WVPL has begun the next phase of reopening. Here are the available services:
* BROWSING HOURS AT BLUE BELL ONLY
- Blue Bell library will be open to the public for browsing on a limited schedule with a maximum capacity of 20 visitors at a time. The Ambler Branch will continue to serve patrons by Contactless Pickup Only.
- Browsing hours at Blue Bell will be available on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday only from 11 AM to 6:45 PM.
- During browsing hours, you may access your holds in person.
- You are required to wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose at all times while visiting the library to browse the collection or to pick up a hold.
* Contactless pick-up by appointments will continue at Blue Bell on Monday, Tuesday and Saturday.
AMBLER LIBRARY CONTACTLESS PICKUP:
* Contactless pick-up by appointments will continue at Ambler Monday through Friday.
For details about using contactless pick-up service visit www.wvpl.org/contactless.
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS WEBPAGE FOR A DOWNLOADABLE COPY OF OUR REVISED SCHEDULE AND SERVICES.
I received an e-mail notification that my books have been checked out. Can I come to the library to pick them up now? You may come to Blue Bell library and pick up materials during browsing hours only: Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 11 AM to 6:45 PM. If you prefer a contactless pick-up at either Ambler or Blue Bell, you must schedule an appointment, even if you get a check-out receipt in advance. We are checking out items as we prepare them for patron pick-up, so you may get your receipt earlier than your scheduled time. We still need you to keep your scheduled appointment if you choose contactless pick-up service.
We quarantine items for 72 hours before handling and processing. Please do NOT attempt to sanitize materials at home.
Return items in the outdoor book drop bins. **Please do not hand returned items to staff when you are using our contactless pick-up service.
I returned my books a few days ago, but they’re still “out” on my library account? To limit contamination, returned items will be checked in 72 hours after we receive them. Don’t be alarmed if you see items on your account that you had returned within the past 3 days.
YES. See complete details on this procedure HERE.
WVPL Blue Bell and Ambler are NOT accepting book donations at this time. PLEASE DO NOT leave any donations outside of our buildings, near the book drop or deposit in the book drop to come in contact with returned library books. Doing so takes away time from the staff to perform essential library tasks, and adds to the 72-hour quarantine period of all returned items.
Book donations were always collected, sorted and stored by hardworking volunteers of the Friends of the Library at both branches. Because of the pandemic, volunteers cannot be in our buildings to resume this activity, as the variety of library tasks in which they've helped us prior to the lockdown. Please keep donated books at home until we may receive them safely and process them properly in the future.
Yes! All educational programs continue online. CLICK HERE to view our calendar of events.
The 2020 Summer Reading Challenge, "Our Community Reads, Our Community Cares" ends August 14. Log your books online at wvpl.beanstack.org.