Position: Library Branch Manager
Do you love working in small community?
Do you have a desire to implement positive change?
Are you friendly, enthusiastic, motivated and organized?
Are you up on the latest technology?
Are you looking for a FT job that lets you help solve community problems?
Then read below to learn more about WVPL’s Branch Manager Position.
Position: Ambler Branch Manager
Location: Ambler Branch, Wissahickon Valley Public Library, 209 Race Street, Ambler, PA 19002
Schedule: Full-time, 37.5 hours a week (days, evenings, some weekends)
Benefits: Vacation Leave, Sick Leave, Personal Days, Paid Holidays, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and 5% match for 403B retirement plan.
Manages and facilitates all daily services at the branch library:
• Develops services and procedures that are responsive to patron needs.
• Collaborates with community organizations to plan educational programs and special events that solve the needs of the community.
• Manages branch technology services, including instructing staff and patrons in the use of technology.
• Participates in collaborative committee work to create and meet established goals and objectives.
• Acts as a liaison to the Ambler Branch of the Friends of WVPL.
• Serves as reference librarian for the branch and at the main library on a fixed schedule.
• Selects and orders adult materials & supervises selection of juvenile materials.
• Weeds the adult collection & supervises the weeding of the juvenile collection.
• Prepares reports and statistics for the branch.
• Plans and facilitates adult programming.
• Participates in selecting branch employees, trains staff, and appraises employee performance.
• Supervises and trains volunteers.
• Ensures that the building and grounds of the branch are properly maintained.
• Performs related work including: staffing the circulation desk, processing materials, etc.
• Reports to and works closely with the Library Director.
• Friendly and enthusiastic personal style.
• Excellent organizational and event planning skills.
• Independently motivated problem solver.
• Flexibility and adaptability.
• Management skills.
• Up-to-Date with technology.
• Public relations and customer service.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with coworkers, volunteers, officials, contractors, community organizations and the general public.
• Providing clear, concise oral and written communications.
• Leading and motivating staff to implement positive change.
Minimum Qualifications Requirements
• Master’s Degree in Library Science.
• Three years of full-time librarian experience at a public library, one year in a supervisory capacity.
• Must be able to work nights and occasional weekends, stand for extensive periods of time during the work day, lift 25 pounds, and work at both WVPL Main Library and Ambler Branch.
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to Anne M. Frank at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WVPL is advertising this position and reviewing resumes during the months of September & October 2015.
WVPL will select candidates for interviews in late October 2015.
Employment offers are conditional upon a successful background check and reference checks. The Wissahickon Valley Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer