Position: Outreach & Event Coordinator
Location: Wissahickon Valley Public Library
650 Skippack Pike, Blue Bell PA 19422
Schedule: Part-Time, 20 hours a week (days, evenings, weekends)
Hourly Wage: $20 per hour
Oversees all aspects of public outreach & educational event planning, including planning, implementation, & logistics. Develops & maintains relationships with school district & daycare employees, township employees, non-profit agencies & businesses. Works closely with staff, volunteers, & outside vendors, as they relate to educational event planning & outreach. Actively seeks funding for outreach & educational events. Reports to the Director.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- College Degree required. Prefer degree in Marketing, Project Management, Communication, Education or Library Science.
- Two years of experience in educational event planning and marketing. Prefer hands on experience working with community partners.
- Current PA driver's license.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Plans, markets & facilitates adult educational events at library and other community partner locations.
- Plans & facilitates (1) online marketing using website, email newsletters, social media, electronic signs and online media contacts & (2) print marketing by designing monthly programming flyers, program signs, and promotional materials.
- Plans & facilitates outreach activities and represents WVPL at community events.
- Plans with library staff & community partners for large events.
- Develops new relationships with businesses, non-profit organizations & government agencies.
- Schedules & facilitates daycare book delivery service.
- Prepares goals, objectives & monthly reports, including statistics on educational events & outreach.
- Manages volunteers who assist in outreach initiatives.
- Identifies & shares best practices & new research related to outreach & educational event planning.
- Oversees the adult educational event & community outreach budgets.
- Identifies, drafts & implements grant proposals.
- Attends staff meetings & continuing education workshops.
- Performs other related duties.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent marketing skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Independent problem solving.
- Friendly and enthusiastic personal style.
- Team work and collaboration skills.
- Effective time management.
How to Apply:
Email a resume and cover letter to Anne M. Frank at email@example.com.
WVPL will review resumes and select candidates for interviews in July & August. Plan to have the position filled by August 31.
It is recommended that you view the Wissahickon Valley Public Library website to learn more about our organization in preparation for an interview: www.wvpl.org.
Employment offers are conditional upon a successful background check and reference checks. The Wissahickon Valley Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.