The Ambler Chapter of the Friends of the Library is concerned with promoting ways for the Ambler Branch to remain a dynamic and positive force in the community for all residents. The Ambler Friends usually meet the first Tuesday of the month at 5:30 pm. These sessions discuss ways to help the library and importantly address funding of current and new library programs. In these times of tight budgets, the funds raised by the Friends are vital to maintain and grow programs for all patrons, including:
- Popular children’s and adult programs such as the Children’s Art Series, Meet the Author, and Tea and Scones
- Improving the physical facilities for utility, comfort, and appearance
- Purchasing specialized equipment or materials that will enhance the use of the library’s facilities
The Ambler Friends also assist with the Library’s community outreach through participation at Ambler Main Street events such as First Friday, the Ambler Art and Music Festival, Dog Days of Summer, and Oktoberfest.
In addition to using your local library (which is very important), all patrons and community residents are encouraged to support the library by joining the Ambler Friends of the Library. Information can be obtained by calling (215) 646-1072, or you can CLICK HERE to download the application. Please bring the completed form to the library or mail it to WVPL Ambler Friends, 209 Race Street, Ambler, PA 19002.
And of course your financial contributions are always welcomed and appreciated.
NEW! Amazon Smile
You can support the Ambler Library Friends each time you make a purchase on Amazon. We’ve recently joined the Amazon Smile program in which Amazon will donate 0.5% (1/2 of 1%) of your eligible purchases if you designate the Ambler Friends as your charity. It will not add to the cost of your purchase. All you need to do is sign up once on Amazon to designate the Ambler Library Friends as your charity. While 0.5% is small, for instance 50 cents on a $100 purchase, the more people who participate the more it helps. Instructions are shown below.
Importantly one does not need to be a member of the Friends to designate the Friends as their Amazon charity. Your family, relatives, friends, neighbors, co-workers, or anyone can sign up and help.
Go to smile.amazon.com for more information.
To designate the Ambler Library Friends as your Amazon charity:
1. Go to smile.amazon.com. Follow instructions to log into your Amazon account, or create one if you have not ordered in the past.
2. Once in your Amazon account, navigate to “pick your own charitable organization”
3. Type in “Ambler Library Friends” or our Federal Tax Number: 46-2976334
4. The results will show “Pennsylvania Citizens for Better Libraries” in Ambler Pa. Tap “Select”
5. The Amazon home page will appear with your charity showing at the top.
6. Shop normally and Amazon will donate 0.5% to the Friends when you make purchases.
7. You do not need to repeat the signup process the next time you shop. Going to smile.amazon.com (not amazon.com) will have “Pennsylvania Citizens for Better Libraries” listed automatically.
Download Amazon Smile Instructions here. Thank you in advance for your support.