If you are a resident of Ambler Borough, Whitpain Township or Lower Gwynedd Township, fill out the library application and bring it with proof of address (driver’s license, car insurance, rental lease or utility bill) to the library and we will give you a card.
A child’s application (under the age of 18) requires a parent or guardian‘s signature. The parent or guardian must present identification and proof of residence.
If you don’t live in Ambler Borough, Whitpain Township or Lower Gwynedd Township, visit your home library (listed here) for an application. Once you have your card, you can use it at WVPL.
If there isn’t a library listed for the township or borough in which you live, you can download and fill out the MCLINC library card application and bring your proof of address to WVPL for processing.
What is MCLINC?
The Wissahickon Valley Public Library is part of the Montgomery County Library Information Network Consortium (MCLINC), which means that you have access to over 2 million items in the combined catalogs of 31 public libraries. Once you register for a card at any of the MCLINC libraries, you can reserve items online and have the items shipped to our Main Library in Blue Bell or our Ambler Branch.
How long can I keep materials?
- Print Books (older than 1 year): 21 days
- Print Books (new): 14 days
- Rental Books: 7 days, 1 renewal
- eBooks: 14 day default (can change default to 7 or 21 days)
- Audiobook: 21 days, 1 renewal
- eAudiobooks: 14 day default (can change default to 7 or 21 days)
- Feature Film and TV Show DVDs: 7 days, 1 renewal
- Non-fiction DVD’s, Blue-ray's: 21 days, 1 renewal
- Music CDs: 21 days, 1 renewal
- Video Games: 7 days, no renewals
- Magazines (back issues): 7 days, 1 renewal
- Museum Passes: 3 days, no renewals
What are the fees if materials are overdue?
- Adult items: 25 cents/day
- Juvenile items: 20 cents/day
- DVDs, Blue-rays: $1/day
- Video Games: $1/day
ASK US if you have more questions.