The Library provides access to Internet resources in support of its mission to provide information of all types. However, some information found on the Internet may be inaccurate, incomplete, dated or offensive to some individuals. The consumer must evaluate the validity, authority and appropriateness of the information found. The library is not responsible for the content of the Internet.
A child’s use of the Internet is solely the responsibility of the child’s parent or guardian. Parents or guardians must guide their children in use of the Internet and inform them about materials they should not use. To assist parents in this endeavor, the library filters the Internet.
All internet users follow the rules below:
- Maximum number of people to a computer is 2.
- Maximum use of computers (when patrons are waiting) is 20 minutes.
- NO pornographic images or text may be viewed.
- NO installing software.
- NO downloading or storing files.
- NO altering software or hardware configurations.
- NO illegal use of the computer. The user must comply with all local, state and federal laws. This includes but is not limited to: hacking (unauthorized entry into other systems), theft & copyright law infringement.
- Parents/Guardians may not leave children younger than grade 7 unattended at the computer. Parents/Guardians must sign out a computer to a child younger than grade 7.
- Please be considerate of others.
Library privileges may be suspended by the Library Director for violations of these rules.