In an amazing multi-media presentation, Caryn Lin transforms sound through the use of her five-string electric violin and a myriad of modern technology.
The program takes students on a journey from the classical days of Bach to today’s techno-wonders.
By using modern techniques, including looping and other effects to produce unique and dynamic soundscapes, audiences are introduced to the many scientific concepts involved in the creation of live music.
Through the use of technology, three dimensional sound waves become visible, bringing music to life before your eyes.
1. We want the students to know they can explore, in whatever discipline they study ..."out of the box thinking."
2. They will have a basic understanding of: how technology can be used to create music, what science & sound are, how scientific discoveries enable us to see & hear sound, and how sound waves can be rearranged.
3. The students will be able to connect our performance with their classroom activities and be able to see at work "in the real world".
4. To inspire children to always search for new & better ways to satisfy their own creative needs & to realize their dreams without rejecting the wisdom of history
5. To learn how to silence the "nay-sayers"
6. To have fun!