Ambler Branch is returning to its Race Street location!
We’re happy to announce that construction is almost complete on the Ambler Library building at 209 Race Street. Here’s what you should know about the upcoming move and transition to the new building:
- THE LIBRARY AT AMBLER BOROUGH HALL WILL CLOSE ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28 FOR MOVING.
- The last day for contactless pick-up appointments at the Borough Hall location is Friday, September 25.
- We'll be closed for a minimum of two weeks and plan to open the newly remodeled Race Street library mid-October.
- During the weeks that the Ambler branch is closed, HOLDS can be picked up at WVPL Blue Bell on Skippack Pike.
- As we near completion on the project, we’ve almost reached our goal in our fundraising efforts for the renovation! Visit wvpl.rallyup.com/wvplsilentauction for our online silent auction! Bid on 100+ items to support the new Ambler Branch library!
CURRENT SERVICES AND HOURS
Main Library at Blue Bell: 650 Skippack Pike 215-643-1320
- Open to the public for browsing on TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY AND FRIDAY each week from 11 AM to 7 PM. Maximum capacity of 20 visitors at a time.
- During browsing hours you may access your holds in person.
- YOU ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK that covers your mouth and nose at all times while visiting the library to browse the collection or to pick up a hold.
- CONTACTLESS PICK-UP by appointment on Mondays and Saturdays. For details about using contactless pick-up service visit www.wvpl.org/contactless.
- PHONE & EMAIL REFERENCE SERVICES Have a question for a reference librarian? Phone reference service is available Monday through Friday 10 AM TO 6:30 PM; Saturdays from 10 AM to 1:30 PM. Call 215-643-1320, ext. 19. Prefer email? Use the CONTACT US form at wvpl.org/contact.
Ambler Branch at Borough Hall - 131 Rosemary Avenue (until September 25) 215-646-1072
- Contactless Pick-up by appointment only Monday through Friday until Friday, September 25. After September 25, holds can be picked up at the Blue Bell library on Skippack Pike.
- The Borough Hall library will close on Monday, September 28 for moving. The renovated Ambler Branch at 209 Race Street plans to re-open in mid-October.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO! When in doubt about opening hours or pick-up procedures, please call before you visit!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS WEBPAGE FOR A DOWNLOADABLE COPY OF OUR REVISED SCHEDULE AND SERVICES.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I returned my books a few days ago, but they’re still “out” on my library account? Items returned to the library are quarantined for at least 3 days/72 hours before being checked in. Don’t be alarmed if you see items on your account that you had returned within the past 3 days. OVERDUE fines accrued during the quarantine will be waived.
I received an e-mail notification that my books have been checked out. Can I come to the library to pick them up now? You may come to Blue Bell library and pick up materials during browsing hours only: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 11 AM to 7 PM. If you prefer a contactless pick-up at either Ambler or Blue Bell, you must schedule an appointment, even if you get a check-out receipt in advance. We are checking out items as we prepare them for patron pick-up, so you may get your receipt earlier than your scheduled time. We still need you to keep your scheduled appointment if you choose contactless pick-up service.
What happens to returned library items? Items returned to the library are quarantined for at least 3 days/72 hours before being checked in. Please do NOT attempt to sanitize materials at home. *Please do not hand returned items to staff when you are using our contactless pick-up service.
Can I check out a museum pass?
YES. See complete details on this procedure HERE.
Are you accepting book donations?
WVPL Blue Bell and Ambler are NOT accepting book donations at this time. PLEASE DO NOT leave any donations outside of our buildings, near the book drop or deposit in the book drop to come in contact with returned library books. Doing so takes away time from the staff to perform essential library tasks, and adds to the 72-hour quarantine period of all returned items.
Book donations were always collected, sorted and stored by hardworking volunteers of the Friends of the Library at both branches. Because of the pandemic and current social distancing guidelines, volunteers cannot be in our buildings to resume this activity. Please keep donated books at home until we may receive them safely and process them properly in the future.
Are you accepting new volunteers? Each volunteer is a valued and integral member of the library. We truly thrive on the hundreds of volunteer hours worked on the library’s behalf each month. However, due to CoVID-19, we are not accepting applications for new volunteers at this time. We look forward to the day when we can welcome new volunteers to our buildings.
Will you provide virtual educational programs?
Yes! All educational programs continue online. CLICK HERE to view our calendar of events.
For storytimes, view Miss Michelle and Miss Erin's storytimes HERE. Be sure to scroll through the entire playlist!
How can I stay up to date on library operations and what’s available when?
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO! When in doubt about opening hours or pick-up procedures, please call before you visit! Our friendly staff can help! You can always check our website at wvpl.org/status for updates as well as Facebook @wvplibrary. We also post updates and news in our weekly e-newsletter Wowbrary. Sign up to receive Wowbrary updates via email here.