Blue Bell and Ambler Branch libraries are open to the public for browsing Monday through Friday 11 AM to 7 PM; Saturdays 11 AM to 2 PM.
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
WHO CAN COME INTO THE LIBRARY?
Anyone wearing a mask that is not sick.
- Masks must cover your mouth and nose at all times while inside the library.
- Limited to 20 visitors maximum at Blue Bell at one time.
- Limited to 10 visitors maximum at Ambler Branch at one time.
WHAT CAN I DO AT THE LIBRARY?
- Browse for and check out books, DVDs, CDs, magazines and newspapers
- Use the Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) to find books
- Pick up and check out holds
- Use the self-checkout stations
- Use public Internet computers (Note: Appointments required at Ambler Branch only. Please call ahead).
HOW LONG CAN I STAY AT THE LIBRARY?
- Up to 45 minutes maximum for visits & for public computer use.
WHAT ARE YOUR HOURS?
- Blue Bell and Ambler will be open for browsing Monday through Friday 11 AM to 7 PM, and Saturdays 11 AM to 2 PM.
- Open for computer use until 6 PM, Monday through Friday. (Appointments required for computers at Ambler. Please call ahead).
- Open for contactless pick-up only
WHERE AM I ALLOWED TO GO IN THE LIBRARY?
- Any book stack, DVD, magazine and newspaper areas
- Public restrooms
WHAT CAN I NOT DO AT THE LIBRARY?
- Take off your mask
- Wear a mask incorrectly
- Stay after the 45-minute time limit has expired
- Stay seated in any area other than when using a public Internet computer
CAN I STILL USE CONTACTLESS PICK-UP SERVICES?
YES! If you prefer to pick-up only, call the library to schedule. For instructions on contactless pick up, go to >>>> www.wvpl.org/contactless
DON'T KNOW WHAT TO READ NEXT? Try our LIBRARY GRAB BAG service! Fill out a simple form to help us curate a bag of books, movies and much more - just for you! Click to get started >>> LIBRARY GRAB BAGS.
WHAT PROGRAMS ARE YOU OFFERING? Join in a variety of virtual educational programs
CHECK OUT OUR e-resources
HAVE A QUESTION FOR A LIBRARIAN? Our reference librarians are available to assist you with placing a hold, answering your questions about any and all WVPL e-resources and technology. Please call 215-643-1320 ext. 19 Monday through Friday 10 AM to 6 PM, Saturday 11 AM to 1 PM or send your questions using our contact form.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I returned my books a few days ago, but they’re still “out” on my library account? Items returned to the library are quarantined for at least 1 day/24 hours before being checked in. Don’t be alarmed if you see items on your account that you had returned within the past 2 days. (Quarantine times may be slightly longer than 24 hours due to staff schedules.) OVERDUE fines accrued during the quarantine will be waived.
What happens to returned library items? Items returned to the library are quarantined for at least 1 day/24 hours before being checked in. Please do NOT attempt to sanitize materials at home. *Please do not hand returned items to staff when you are using our contactless pick-up service.
Can I check out a museum pass?
Please see museum pass updates HERE.
Are you accepting book donations?
WVPL Blue Bell and Ambler are NOT accepting book donations at this time. PLEASE DO NOT leave any donations outside of our buildings, near the book drop or deposit in the book drop to come in contact with returned library books.
Book donations were always collected, sorted and stored by hardworking volunteers of the Friends of the Library at both branches. Due to current social distancing guidelines, volunteers cannot be in our buildings to resume this activity. Please keep donated books at home until we may receive them safely and process them properly in the future.
Are you accepting new volunteers? Each volunteer is a valued and integral member of the library. We truly thrive on the hundreds of volunteer hours worked on the library’s behalf each month. However, due to CoVID-19, we are not accepting applications for new volunteers at this time. We look forward to the day when we can welcome all our volunteers back into our buildings.