Ambler Branch to open for Contactless Pick-up Appointments on Monday, October 19
Things are looking bright and beautiful at the renovated Ambler Branch library! We have moved in and are busily getting books back on the shelves. There are a few necessary adjustments to our new HVAC system yet to be completed, but we just couldn't wait to serve you!
BEGINNING MONDAY, OCTOBER 19 at 11 AM, the Ambler Branch at Race Street will be open for CONTACTLESS PICK-UP!
Appointments can be made by calling the library at 215-646-1072.
Make your requests online through your account and as you come for your appointment, walk along our beautiful new accessible ramp, check out our new facade and pick-up your latest reads! We look forward to greeting you at our front door! For detailed instructions on Contactless-pick up, go to www.wvpl.org/contactless.
HERE'S WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- Books can be returned to the Book Drop at 209 Race Street. There will be daily pick-up of returned items from the book drop.
- EXISTING HOLDS for Ambler Branch can be picked up at WVPL Blue Bell at 650 Skippack Pike. If items are not picked up by Friday, October 16, they will be moved back to Ambler Branch. Make an appointment to pick them up starting Monday, October 19.
- NEW HOLDS for Ambler Branch be held at Ambler Branch library starting Monday, October 19. Make an appointment for pick-up after you have received notification that they are in.
- Please keep your support going in our final fundraising effort for the renovation! Visit wvpl.rallyup.com/wvplsilentauction for our online silent auction! Bid on 100+ irresistible items! All proceeds benefit the new Ambler Branch library!
CURRENT SERVICES AND HOURS
Main Library at Blue Bell: 650 Skippack Pike 215-643-1320
- Blue Bell will open for browsing on Mondays, too! Starting Monday, October 19, Blue Bell will be open to the public for browsing MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 11 AM to 7 PM. Open for contactless pick-up by appointment on Saturdays from 10 AM to 2 PM. Maximum capacity of 20 visitors at a time.
- During browsing hours you may access your holds in person.
- YOU ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK that covers your mouth and nose at all times while visiting the library to browse the collection or to pick up a hold.
- CONTACTLESS PICK-UP by appointment on Saturdays. For details about using contactless pick-up service visit www.wvpl.org/contactless.
- PHONE & EMAIL REFERENCE SERVICES Have a question for a reference librarian? Phone reference service is available Monday through Friday 10 AM TO 6:30 PM; Saturdays from 10 AM to 1:30 PM. Call 215-643-1320, ext. 19. Prefer email? Use the CONTACT US form at wvpl.org/contact.
Ambler Branch at 209 Race Street 215-646-1072
- Contactless Pick-up by appointment only Monday through Saturday, starting Monday, October 19. Please call 215-646-1072 to schedule a time.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO! When in doubt about opening hours or pick-up procedures, please call before you visit!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS WEBPAGE FOR A DOWNLOADABLE COPY OF OUR REVISED SCHEDULE AND SERVICES.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I returned my books a few days ago, but they’re still “out” on my library account? Items returned to the library are quarantined for at least 3 days/72 hours before being checked in. Don’t be alarmed if you see items on your account that you had returned within the past 3 days. OVERDUE fines accrued during the quarantine will be waived.
I received an e-mail notification that my books have been checked out. Can I come to the library to pick them up now? You may come to Blue Bell library and pick up materials during browsing hours only: Monday through Friday 11 AM to 7 PM. If you prefer a contactless pick-up at either Ambler or Blue Bell, you must schedule an appointment, even if you get a check-out receipt in advance. We are checking out items as we prepare them for patron pick-up, so you may get your receipt earlier than your scheduled time. We still need you to keep your scheduled appointment if you choose contactless pick-up service.
What happens to returned library items? Items returned to the library are quarantined for at least 3 days/72 hours before being checked in. Please do NOT attempt to sanitize materials at home. *Please do not hand returned items to staff when you are using our contactless pick-up service.
Can I check out a museum pass?
YES. See complete details on this procedure HERE.
Are you accepting book donations?
WVPL Blue Bell and Ambler are NOT accepting book donations at this time. PLEASE DO NOT leave any donations outside of our buildings, near the book drop or deposit in the book drop to come in contact with returned library books. Doing so takes away time from the staff to perform essential library tasks, and adds to the 72-hour quarantine period of all returned items.
Book donations were always collected, sorted and stored by hardworking volunteers of the Friends of the Library at both branches. Because of the pandemic and current social distancing guidelines, volunteers cannot be in our buildings to resume this activity. Please keep donated books at home until we may receive them safely and process them properly in the future.
Are you accepting new volunteers? Each volunteer is a valued and integral member of the library. We truly thrive on the hundreds of volunteer hours worked on the library’s behalf each month. However, due to CoVID-19, we are not accepting applications for new volunteers at this time. We look forward to the day when we can welcome new volunteers to our buildings.
Will you provide virtual educational programs?
Yes! All educational programs continue online. CLICK HERE to view our calendar of events.
For storytimes, view Miss Michelle and Miss Erin's storytimes HERE. Be sure to scroll through the entire playlist!
How can I stay up to date on library operations and what’s available when?
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO! When in doubt about opening hours or pick-up procedures, please call before you visit! Our friendly staff can help! You can always check our website at wvpl.org/status for updates as well as Facebook @wvplibrary. We also post updates and news in our weekly e-newsletter Wowbrary. Sign up to receive Wowbrary updates via email here.