In our continuing effort to keep our staff and our community healthy and safe, WVPL Blue Bell and Ambler Branch will be temporarily closed to the public effective Monday, November 30,2020. Starting November 30, we will resume contactless pick-up by appointment Monday through Saturday. Please call Blue Bell (215-643-1320) or Ambler Branch (215-646-1072) to schedule.
This week, November 23 through 27, is the perfect opportunity to come in, browse the collection and pick up your favorite reads, movies or magazines for the month of December.
Here’s our schedule at Blue Bell and Ambler:
Monday, November 23 11 AM to 7 PM
Tuesday, November 24 11 AM to 7 PM
Wednesday, November 25 11 to 5 PM
Thursday, November 26 CLOSED - Thanksgiving Day
Friday, November 27 11 AM to 7 PM
Saturday, November 28 11 AM to 2 PM Contactless Pick-up by Appt
Though our buildings may be closed to the public in December, we’ll stay connected to you through our virtual educational programs, e-resources and reference help, in addition to contactless pick-up service. Our reference librarians are available to assist you with placing a hold, finding your next great read, and answering your technology questions. Please call 215-643-1320 ext. 19 Monday through Friday 10 AM to 6 PM, Saturday 11 AM to 1 PM or send your questions using our contact form.
We’re so grateful for your support and understanding throughout this unprecedented year.
Ambler Branch Library Returns to 209 Race Street
Our new library is bright, airy and a cheerful new home - one that we built together with your incredible generosity and spirited support. Thank you!
CLICK HERE to watch a video of the project!
WVPL CURRENT SERVICES AND HOURS
Main Library at Blue Bell: 650 Skippack Pike 215-643-1320
- Open to the public for browsing MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 11 AM to 7 PM through Friday, November 27. Open for contactless pick-up by appointment on Saturdays from 11 AM to 2 PM. Maximum capacity of 20 visitors at a time. Starting Monday, November 30, contactless pick-up by appointment will resume Monday through Saturday.
- PHONE & EMAIL REFERENCE SERVICES Have a question for a reference librarian? Phone reference service is available Monday through Friday 10 AM TO 6 PM; Saturdays from 11 AM to 1 PM. Call 215-643-1320, ext. 19. Prefer email? Use the CONTACT US form at wvpl.org/contact.
- PUBLIC COMPUTER USE BY APPOINTMENT Public computers are available for your use by appointment, Monday through Friday from 1 PM to 6 PM through Friday, November 27. Please call to schedule. Scroll down this page to view guidelines for computer use.
Ambler Branch at 209 Race Street 215-646-1072
- Open to the public for browsing MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 11 AM to 7 PM through Friday, November 27. Maximum capacity of 15 visitors at a time. Open for contactless pick-up by appointment on Saturdays from 11 AM to 2 PM. Starting Monday, November 30, contactless pick-up by appointment only will resume Monday through Saturday. Please call 215-646-1072 to schedule a time.
HERE'S WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT VISITING OUR LIBRARIES:
- During browsing hours you may access your holds in person, find and check out new items.
- YOU ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK that covers your mouth and nose at all times while visiting the library to browse the collection or to pick up a hold.
- CONTACTLESS PICK-UP by appointment on Saturdays only. For details about using contactless pick-up service visit www.wvpl.org/contactless.
- During browsing hours you may access your holds in person. Ambler Branch now has a designated area for self pick-up of holds.
- If you have any questions about hours or services, please call Blue Bell (215-643-1320) or Ambler Branch (215-646-1072), calls will be answered after 10:30 AM, Monday through Saturday.
Guidelines for Public Computer Use - Available at Blue Bell only through Friday, November 27.
Computer appointments must be booked by calling the library at Blue Bell at 215-643-1320.
- Appointments are for individuals only; one person per computer and one appointment per day. Times available Monday through Friday 1 to 6 PM.
- Patrons are limited to the assigned computer station only.
- Sessions are for a maximum of 45 minutes. Time limit will be strictly observed.
- Users must wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth at all times while inside the library and at the computer stations.
- Please plan carefully for your visit. Bring any documents you might need as well as any information (usernames, passwords, website addresses) to access online accounts.
- Be prepared to save things on a flash drive, to email or cloud storage in case you may not complete your work in a single appt.
- If you need help, please speak to the Reference Librarian. In order to maintain a safe distance of 6 feet, the Librarian may need to connect to your computer and ask you to share your screen.
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS WEBPAGE FOR A DOWNLOADABLE COPY OF OUR REVISED SCHEDULE AND SERVICES.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I returned my books a few days ago, but they’re still “out” on my library account? Items returned to the library are quarantined for at least 3 days/72 hours before being checked in. Don’t be alarmed if you see items on your account that you had returned within the past 3 days. OVERDUE fines accrued during the quarantine will be waived.
What happens to returned library items? Items returned to the library are quarantined for at least 3 days/72 hours before being checked in. Please do NOT attempt to sanitize materials at home. *Please do not hand returned items to staff when you are using our contactless pick-up service.
Can I check out a museum pass?
YES. See complete details on this procedure HERE.
Are you accepting book donations?
WVPL Blue Bell and Ambler are NOT accepting book donations at this time. PLEASE DO NOT leave any donations outside of our buildings, near the book drop or deposit in the book drop to come in contact with returned library books.
Book donations were always collected, sorted and stored by hardworking volunteers of the Friends of the Library at both branches. Because of the pandemic and current social distancing guidelines, volunteers cannot be in our buildings to resume this activity. Please keep donated books at home until we may receive them safely and process them properly in the future.
Are you accepting new volunteers? Each volunteer is a valued and integral member of the library. We truly thrive on the hundreds of volunteer hours worked on the library’s behalf each month. However, due to CoVID-19, we are not accepting applications for new volunteers at this time. We look forward to the day when we can welcome new volunteers to our buildings.
Will you provide virtual educational programs?
Yes! All educational programs continue online. CLICK HERE to view our calendar of events.
For storytimes, view Miss Michelle and Miss Erin's storytimes HERE. Be sure to scroll through the entire playlist!
How can I stay up to date on library operations and what’s available when?
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO! When in doubt about opening hours or pick-up procedures, please call before you visit! Our friendly staff can help! You can always check our website at wvpl.org/status for updates as well as Facebook @wvplibrary. We also post updates and news in our weekly e-newsletter Wowbrary. Sign up to receive Wowbrary updates via email here.