Youth Services Librarian
WVPL is looking for an enthusiastic, friendly, and team-oriented Youth Services Librarian with a strong public service commitment for a full-time position. This position requires a passion for youth services and for using technology in programming. Person hired will be working in partnership with the Youth Services Librarian at the Main Library and the Ambler Branch Manager.
LOCATIONS: Wissahickon Valley Public Library
650 Skippack Pike, Blue Bell, PA 19422 - Reference Duties
209 Race Street, Ambler, PA 19002 - Youth Services Duties
SCHEDULE: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
SALARY: $42,000-$45,000 commensurate with experience
BENEFITS: Vacation (1 week upon employment, 2 weeks after 6 months, 3 weeks after 4 years, 4 weeks after 7 years), Sick Leave (accumulates 1 day per month up to 60 days), 3 Personal Leave Days (after 6 months), 11 Paid Holidays, a 5% match for 403B retirement plan and Independence Blue Cross health Insurance.
• Selects and weeds the collection of juvenile and young adult materials at the Ambler Branch.
• Plans and facilitates children's and young adult programs in person and online.
• Develops publicity materials to promote youth events and uses the website and social media to communicate with the community.
• Plans and facilitates youth services outreach to local schools, pre-schools, daycare centers, youth centers, non-profits and townships.
• Cultivates and maintains contact with local educators.
• Provides one-on-one reference assistance.
• Participates in continuing education.
• Reports to the Ambler Branch Manager and the Director.
• Knows the educational and recreational needs of children and young adults and has the ability to translate those needs and interests into effective library services and programming.
• Keeps up with current trends in library services for juveniles and young adults.
• Adept with current information technology, including both software and hardware.
• Establishes and maintains friendly and effective working relationships with staff and patrons.
• Practices excellent customer service skills.
• Communicates effectively with others, orally and in writing.
• Can speak and be silly in front of large groups.
• Must be able to work 1 evening weekly and occasional weekends.
• Masters Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution.
• PA Librarians Professional Certificate.
• Professional library experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Email a resume and cover letter to Anne M. Frank at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WVPL is advertising this position and reviewing resumes from January 7-February 25, 2022.
WVPL will select candidates for interviews starting February 28, 2022.
Employment offers are conditional upon a successful background check and reference checks.
The Wissahickon Valley Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.