The Ambler Chapter of the Friends of the Library is concerned with promoting ways for the Ambler Branch to remain a dynamic and positive force in the community for all residents. The Ambler Friends usually meet the fourth Tuesday of the month at 6:00 pm. These sessions discuss ways to help the library and address funding of current and new library programs. The Friends meetings are public meetings, and all may attend. For meeting information, please contact Anne Hall, Branch Manager, at email@example.com.
In these times of tight budgets, the funds raised by the Friends are vital to maintain and grow programs for all patrons, including:
- Popular children’s and adult programs such as the Children’s Art Series, Cookbook Club, and our Adult Enrichment Series.
- Improving the physical facilities for utility, comfort, and appearance.
- Purchasing specialized equipment or materials that will enhance the use of the library’s facilities.
The Ambler Friends also assist with the Library’s community outreach through participation at Ambler Main Street events such as First Friday, the Ambler Art and Music Festival, Dog Days of Summer, and Oktoberfest.
In addition to using your local library (which is very important), all patrons and community residents are encouraged to support the library by joining the Ambler Friends of the Library. Information can be obtained by calling (215) 646-1072, or download the application. Please bring the completed form to the library or mail it to WVPL Ambler Friends, 209 Race Street, Ambler, PA 19002.
And of course your financial contributions are always welcomed and appreciated.
- President - David Morgan
- Treasurer - Liane Decker
- Secretary - Sally Martin
- Corresponding Secretary - Lindsey Lubow
- Members at Large - Rakhee Lala, Bill Lion, Veronica Tsang
YOU CAN SUPPORT THE AMBLER LIBRARY FRIENDS WHEN YOU SHOP ON AMAZON.
We’re part of the Amazon Smile program. Amazon donates 0.5% (1/2 of 1%) of your eligible purchases when you designate the Ambler Friends as your charity. It does not add to the cost of your purchase.
1. Go to smile.amazon.com Log into your Amazon account, or create one if you have not ordered in the past.
2. Once in your Amazon account, navigate to “pick your own charitable organization”
3. Type in “Friends of the Wissahickon Valley Public Library” Tap “Select”
4. Shop normally and Amazon will donate 0.5% of your shopping total to the Friends.
No need to repeat the signup process the next time you shop. Go to smile.amazon.com (not amazon.com). “Friends of the Wissahickon Valley Public Library” will be listed automatically.
NEWSLETTERS & ANNUAL MEETING MINUTES