CONTACTLESS PICK-UP SERVICE BY APPOINTMENT
The Library offers contactless pick-up service. Follow these steps:
§ Request books online through your library account.
§ You may also call the library at which you'd like to pick up your items to place a hold.
Step two: Receive notification that your items are ready.
- When an item is ready for you, you will receive an email, text message or automated phone call. You may now make an appointment. Please do not go to the library without an appointment.
· After you have received notice that your items are ready for pick-up,
INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR PICK-UP APPOINTMENT
1. Please wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose for your pick-up appointment.
2. Walk to the main entrance.
3. Items will be in a plastic bag labelled with your name. Retrieve your items and leave the pick-up area so other patrons may pick up their bag.
4. Please be mindful of others at the pickup area when you arrive. You may choose to remain in your vehicle until they have walked away or maintain at least a 6-ft distance while waiting for your turn.
I received an e-mail notification that my books have been checked out. Can I come to the library to pick them up now? Please schedule an appointment, even if you get a check-out receipt in advance. We are checking out items as we prepare them for patron pick-up, so you may get your receipt earlier than your scheduled time. We still need you to keep your scheduled appointment if you choose contactless pick-up service.
What happens if I cannot leave my vehicle due to mobility issues?
Please alert staff when you schedule your appointment. We can provide curbside service to place items in your trunk.
What if I miss my appointment?
If you are unable to pick up your items during the scheduled window, you will need to call the library to schedule a new pick-up appointment.
Can I return books during my pick-up appointment?
You may return books in the book drop bins before approaching the pick-up table. Please do not leave returned books on the pick-up tables.
Can I donate books during my pick-up appointment? No. At this time, the library is unable to accept book donations. We also respectfully ask that you do not place donated books into the book drops. Thank you for your cooperation.
I returned my books a few days ago, but they’re still “out” on my library account? To limit contamination, returned items will be quarantined for at least 1 day/24 hours after we receive them. Don’t be alarmed if you see items on your account that you had returned within the past 2 days. Overdue fines accrued during the quarantine period will be waived.